Custom Fabrication of a Mild Steel Mud Shaker Skid for Gas & Oil Exploration
Edwards Fabrication was commissioned by a customer in the gas and oil exploration industry to complete the custom fabrication of a mild steel mud shaker skid. This was a sizable project with extremely critical specifications to uphold. 572 grade 50 mild steel was precision cut using torches, then fit and welded using advanced welding machinery and our overhead hoist. A tight tolerance of ± 1/16" was held throughout. The completed skid was finished with a protective paint coating. Comprehensive testing and inspections were implemented, including dimensional tests, weld inspections, and verification of crucial design parameters such as the elevation of all cross members, and flushness at the top of the skid.
Three 45' long by 8' wide skids were fabricated and shipped to the customer in Texas after a 5 day turnaround time. Customer expectations were exceeded, and work upheld stringent industry standards including FCAW AWS D1.1 welding code. Edwards Fabrication is an experienced manufacturer of onshore and offshore platform accessories and other custom metal fabrications, meeting the high accuracy and quality demands of customers in a range of industries. For more about this custom steel mud shaker skid project or the other metal fabricating capabilities available please see the table below or contact Edwards Fabrication directly.
Highlights of this Mud Shaker Skid Project
- Product Description
- Mud Shaker Skid - fabricated skid for heavy equipment mounting
- Custom Metal Fabrication Capabilities Applied/Processes
- Plasma Cutting
- Equipment Used to Manufacture Part
- 11,500 lb. Overhead Hoist
Plasma Hand Torch
Industrial Band Saw
Oxy Acetylene Hand Torches
- Overall Part Dimensions
- Length: 45'
- Tightest Tolerances
- ± 1/16"
- Material Used
- 572 Grade 50 Mild Steel
- In process testing/inspection performed
- Visual and physical Inspection. Inspection for overall length and width. Making sure cross members all come up to a certain elevation. Checked for smooth and flush on top, so equipment would be level on high spots. Inspection of welds to code standards. Check to make sure design measurements were met
- Industry for Use
- Gas & Oil Exploration, but can be used for other industries
- Prepped product for finishing after alignment and mounting was completed on-site
- Delivery/Turnaround Time
- 5 days per skid
- Delivery Location
- Standards Met
- Customer Specifications
FCAW AWS D1.1 code
- Product Name
- Mud Shaker Skid
back to top